There really is no doubt that the delta 8 THC cannabinoid has become a hugely successful submarket within the hemp industry over the last two years, and it’s clear that residents of all 50 states are eager to get their hands on it, primarily to explore its mild psychoactive effects. But, each state has their own unique laws when it comes to the hemp plant, as well as the availability of certain types of hemp products. If you live in Alabama and want to try delta 8 for yourself, it’s important to know what the state law has to say, and it’s equally important to know how to buy delta-8 to ensure that it’s legit and high in quality.
What are the Delta 8 Laws in Alabama?
In Alabama, delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid because they abide to federal law when it comes to hemp. While some states have banned the compound, Alabama simply isn’t one of them.
Thanks to the Farm Bill that passed in 2018, hemp and its derivatives, minus delta 9 THC, have been federally legal. This means that delta 8 is considered a legal compound under federal law, and therefore AL law as well. There are no restrictions when it comes to the type of product an Alabamian from an area like Montgomery, Birmingham, or Mobile can buy, how potent it can be, or even how much they can purchase at one time.
What Types of Delta 8 Products are There?
Delta 8 THC comes in a wide array of product types, and it’s imperative to understand what is available so that you can find the product that’s the most likely to satisfy your particular preferences.
- Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape cartridges are extremely popular and come in a huge variety of strain options. They attach to any 510-threaded vape pen device.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Delta 8 disposables are even easier to use, requiring no charging or maintenance.They also come in a large variety of strains.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are delta 8 THC distillates diluted in a carrier oil, and they are administered sublingually. They come in lots of strength options.
- Edibles: Delta 8 edibles are quite popular, and especially gummies. They offer long-lasting effects compared to other methods, while being delicious.
- Capsules: Delta 8 capsules are a great alternative to edibles, as they have no calories but still offer very long-lasting effects.
- Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates that are highly potent, and therefore not for beginners. They are flash-vaporized with a dabbing device.
- Flower: Delta 8 flower is delta 8-infused CBD flower that can be found in pre-roll or loose bud form, both in many strain options.
- Topicals: Delta 8 topicals are applied to the skin to absorb into the muscles and joints, with no psychoactive effects.
Buying Delta 8 in Alabama
If you want to purchase delta 8 THC as an Alabama resident, then you’ll want to consider looking online, as online retailers tend to provide a much more positive experience than stores that carry delta 8 in local neighborhoods.
When shopping for delta 8 online, you’re more likely to encounter a huge selection of products so that you can be particular about the formula, strength, strain, delivery method, and more. Local retailers tend to have very limited selections by comparison due to lower local demand.
Buying delta 8 in-person means covering some of the store’s high overhead costs, as running a storefront is quite expensive. With online shopping, you do not need to worry about this, as online retailers tend to offer lower prices.
Buying delta 8 online is more likely to leave you with quality product, since the online marketplace is more competitive and therefore standards are much higher.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers have to work harder to attract new customers due to heavy competition, and they also have a lot of inventory they need to move. This is why online shopping tends to provide you with better deals, special offers and clearance as opposed to shopping in person.
Delta 8 will lose its potency after a while as the cannabinoid can degrade over time. This mean that to enjoy its full potency, you need a product that’s fresh. Online companies have larger customer bases which means a faster product turnover rate, thus ensuring fresher product.
Bulk Buying Options
With online retail, you can buy in bulk, stocking up on higher quantities of delta 8 THC while saving money along the way.
There is no denying that shopping for delta 8 online is the more convenient way to go, since you can relax at home while waiting for the delta 8 to arrive at your door. Ultimately, shopping for delta 8 in-person as an Alabamian can leave you with a lot to be desired. The product selections are smaller, the quality is not as easy to verify, and those said products may have been sitting on the shelf for so long, they are simply no longer fresh enough to deliver the desired effects.
The Heart of Dixie is Now the Heart of Delta 8
“Sweet Home Alabama”, delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid since they allow the federal law of hemp plant to be permitted in this state. Therefore, if you are an adult resident, you can check out the many great products that are on the delta 8 market. To know you’re getting only the finest delta-8 possible, we recommend finding a trusted online retailer.