From Indianapolis to South Bend, Indiana residents have, by and large, embraced cannabidiol (CBD) for its many unique properties following CBD’s change in legal status just a few years ago. Now, there is another hemp-derived cannabinoid that’s attracting a lot of attention, and that would be delta 8 THC. Unlike CBD, delta 8 is mildly psychoactive, and the compound has fascinating properties pertaining to the nervous system. Hoosiers unsurprisingly want to try this compound out for themselves. But, the question is, is it actually legal in the state? And if so, how can someone know that they are getting only top-shelf, genuine, and pure delta-8 when making a purchase?
What are the Delta 8 Laws in Indiana?
Delta 8 THC is a minor cannabinoid that’s fully legal in Indiana, like most states with the exception of a handful that have banned it. Delta 8 is legal in IN because they abide to federal law, which legalized the hemp plant back in 2018 through the Farm Bill, thus declaring all cannabinoids legal except for delta 9 THC.
Basically, this means that if you live in Indiana, you can legally purchase delta 8 THC in any amount, with no restrictions on the concentration of delta 8 in a product or the type of delivery method or product formulation.
What Types of Delta 8 Products are There?
Again, delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that comes in all kinds of forms, and it’s good to know what products are out there so that when the time comes to buy delta 8, you already know what it is that you’re looking for.
- Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape carts are pre-filled vape oil carts that combine delta 8 THC extract with the terpene profiles of various strains, offering a great selection to choose from. They attach to rechargeable 510-threaded vape pens.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Disposable delta 8 vape pens are fully disposable, requiring no assembly, adjustments or charging at any point. They also come in lots of different strains.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures absorb through the sublingual tissue below the tongue, consisting of delta 8 THC extract diluted in a carrier oil. They come in lots of strength options.
- Edibles: Delta 8 edibles including gummies are very popular, mostly for their flavor selections and long-lasting effects.
- Capsules: Delta 8 capsules consist of encapsulated delta 8 THC extract, which absorbs through the digestive system to offer long-lasting effects.
- Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates with very high potency levels, which are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device. Dabs are not for beginners due to how strong they are.
- Flower: Delta 8 flower is just CBD flower sprayed with or dipped into delta 8 THC distillate. You can find lots of strains, as well as loose bud and pre-roll forms.
- Topicals: Delta 8 topicals are topical formulas that absorb through the skin to reach the deep tissue in a localized way. They do not create an intoxicating experience.
Buying Delta 8 in Indiana
Delta 8 may be available in some stores in your local area, but overall, it’s agreed upon that it is better to buy online, for a number of reasons.
By purchasing delta 8 in a physical store, you’ll likely find yourself settling, as these stores tend to have very small selections when it comes to delivery method, strength, flavor and strain. Buying delta 8 online offers a much broader selection of products to choose from.
Operating a storefront comes with high overhead costs which get worked into the prices of delta 8 products. This means that shopping in person can make you spend more money than you need to. Online retailers tend to offer better prices for this reason.
Delta 8 sold online tends to adhere to higher quality standards, because the online hemp marketplace is far more competitive than that of your local area. Therefore, you can count on higher quality overall.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers are prone to offering great deals and special offers throughout the year, to both move inventory and attract new customers. This means you can save a lot on delta 8 THC by shopping online.
You want fresh delta 8 because once the compound degrades, it loses its potency. Since online retailers have faster product turnover rates, you can better count on getting a fresh product that’s as potent as possible.
Bulk Buying Options
Buying delta 8 online often comes with bulk purchase options, where you can buy higher volumes of product at lower prices. This in turn saves you money in the long-run.
Buying delta 8 online rather than in a physical store is the more convenient choice. You never have to leave your couch, and simply wait for the products to arrive at your door. Indiana stores may carry delta 8 THC here and there, but it’s harder to know what you’re getting from a physical retailer. Confirming the quality is difficult in-person, as is knowing whether or not a product is fresh. Also, you can end up spending more money than you need to.
The Hoosier State Has Options for Delta 8 Users
Like most states across the country, Indiana fully recognizes delta 8 THC as a legal cannabinoid that adult residents are free to try as they so desire. If you want top-notch delta 8 THC to incorporate into your routine, the option is to stick to online retailers, who offer better-quality products at the best prices possible.