Did you know that delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid from the hemp plant that’s becoming almost as popular as cannabidiol (CBD), offering unique regulatory properties via the endocannabinoid system alongside a unique psychoactive buzz that’s milder than that of marijuana? Given delta8’s distinctive effects, it’s not surprising that residents of Virginia are eager to check out what it’s capable of and incorporate it into their routines. While its overall popularity continues to rise, Virginians may be unsure as to whether or not a minor cannabinoid that can get you high is actually legal to consume where they live, let alone whether or not all delta 8 sold in their area is legitimate.
What are the Delta 8 Laws in Virginia?
Delta 8 THC is, in fact, recognized as a legal cannabinoid in Virginia because the state adheres to federal law (2018 Farm Bill) when it comes to the hemp plant. This piece of legislation declared hemp legal, which includes all of its cannabinoids minus delta 9 THC. As a result, residents there can legally purchase any delta 8 product on the market, regardless of delivery method or concentration, with no restrictions on purchase or possession amounts.
What Types of Delta 8 Products are There?
Delta 8 THC, like CBD, can be administered in all kinds of ways, and it’s important to choose a product type that appeals to you in terms of what you want out of your delta 8 experience. That’s why it is a good idea to know what kinds of delta 8 products exist ahead of time.
- Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape cartridges are pre-filled with delta 8 THC vape oil, and you can choose from lots of different strain options. These carts attach to 510-threaded vape pen devices that are rechargeable.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Delta 8 disposable vape pens also come in lots of great strain choices, and they are fully assembled and require zero charging, being ready to use right out of the box.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are for sublingual administration, consisting of delta 8 distillate and a carrier oil. You can find lots of different milligram strengths.
- Edibles: Delta 8 edibles are very popular, with gummies being the most sought-after. They offer very long-lasting effects while tasting delicious and being easy to take.
- Capsules: Delta 8 capsules are also easy to take, offering delta 8 distillate in capsule form for long-lasting effects.
- Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates with have very high potency levels, making them best suited for advanced users. Can be smoked or even vaped (vaping with a dabbing device).
- Flower: Delta 8 flower comes in lots of strain options, consisting of raw hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 distillate. You can find pre-rolls and loose buds available.
- Topicals: Delta 8 topicals are for localized effects as they are absorbed through the skin and will not get the user high.
Buying Delta 8 in Virginia
Naturally, a person who is seeking out delta 8 THC in VA wants to be sure that they are getting the highest-quality and most effective product possible. This is why we recommend purchasing it online rather than in a local store. As you will see, online retailers offer lots of advantages over local shops.
When opting to buy delta 8 in-person, you will often find that the product selection is seriously lacking due to low local demand. This is one reason why online retail is the way to go. Online retailers will provide you with much larger selections of products so that you can explore different delivery methods, milligram strengths, strains, and so on.
Buying delta 8 online allows you to enjoy lower prices, as online retailers do not need to cover the high overhead costs that accompany operating a physical retail business.
The online delta 8 marketplace is more competitive than the local one, which means that companies must maintain uniquely high standards to be competitive with one another, resulting in higher-quality products overall.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
As online retailers must move inventory more quickly, you will find lots of special offers and promotions throughout the year that can result in some serious savings.
Delta 8 is a cannabinoid that degrades over time, losing its potency. With online retail, you’re more likely to get a fresh and potent product, as online companies have higher customer bases and therefore enjoy a higher product turnover rate.
Bulk Buying Options
Online retail gives you the advantage of being able to buy in bulk, because they can hold more inventory. This lets you buy higher quantities of product while also saving money.
Surely, it’s hard to deny the convenience of online shopping, which lets you select perfect delta 8 product without having to leave your home. You may find delta-8 in a Virginia shop, but the reality is that it can be hard to tell the level of quality and freshness that you’re looking at. Also, delta 8 sold locally tends to be priced higher, while the selections are very limited.
You Can Continue Enjoying Delta 8 in the Old Dominion
Virginia does allow delta 8 THC to be purchased and sold legally, which is great news for residents looking to explore delta8’s fascinating properties. If you’re going to go shopping for delta 8, we highly recommend looking online to better ensure a high-quality, genuine, fresh, and affordable product to incorporate into your routine.