Throughout Minnesota, it has become clear that the hemp plant is a trend that’s here to stay. More residents have embraced cannabidiol (CBD) as part of their daily routines, and more recently, delta 8 THC has entered the hemp market as another type of cannabinoid that offers a distinctive psychoactive buzz unlike cannabidiol. Given its massive popularity, Minnesotans naturally wonder whether or not delta 8 is actually legal in their state, as well as how they can know that they’re buying only legitimate, pure, and high-quality delta-8 products where they live, such as in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, or Duluth.
What are the Delta 8 Laws in Minnesota?
We understand that laws regarding delta 8 as well as other hemp derivatives can be quite confusing to Minnesota residents, especially as more states ban the cannabinoid. However, at the end of the day, delta 8 THC is recognized as a legal compound in the state, as the state simply sticks to federal law on all hemp matters. As of 2018, hemp has been fully legal under federal law, along with its individual cannabinoids minus delta 9 THC. As a Minnesota resident, therefore, you can legally purchase any delta 8 product on the market, regardless of concentration, delivery method, etc.
What Types of Delta 8 Products are There?
Just like CBD, delta 8 THC comes in a wide array of product types to try. It’s good to know beforehand what is available so that you can seek out the product that really appeals to your personal tastes, for a more personalized experience.
- Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape cartridges are pre-filled vape cartridges containing delta 8 THC e-liquid, available in a generous variety of strain options. They are 510-threaded so that they can attach to any standard vape pen device.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Delta 8 disposable vape pens are also available in lots of strains, and they require zero maintenance, being all-in-one systems that don’t need to be charged or adjusted at any time.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are delta 8 THC oils that are absorbed below the tongue, and they come in dropper bottles in various milligram strength options.
- Edibles: Delta 8 edibles such as gummies offer very long-lasting effects compared to other delivery methods and come in lots of flavor and strength options.
- Capsules: Delta 8 capsules come in lots of milligram strengths and deliver long-lasting effects like edibles.
- Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates meant for use with a dabbing device, and with such high potency levels, they are best for advanced users.
- Flower: Delta 8 flower is CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate, available in lots of strains, and both loose bud and pre-roll forms.
- Topicals: Delta 8 topicals are not psychoactive, as they are applied to the skin to deliver localized effects to the muscles and joints.
Buying Delta 8 in Minnesota
Naturally, if you’re going to try delta 8, you want to know that you’re getting the best-quality and freshest delta 8 THC on the market. That’s why we highly recommend shopping for it online rather than in-person, as it provides lots of advantages.
Buying delta 8 online gives you a much broader selection of products to choose from than what you’d find in a local store. Online retailers hold much higher inventory levels so that you can really customize your routine according to strength, strain, delivery method and more.
As physical stores are stuck with heavy overhead costs, they tend to make their delta 8 products more expensive than they need to be. Since online retailers aren’t stuck with these high costs, they can sell their products for less.
Online retailers are very competitive with one another, which means that the standards for quality are much higher online. As a result, you can expect products that are purer and contain better ingredients.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers are more likely to offer great discounts and promotions throughout the year as they are more competitive, and because they have more inventory that needs to be moved.
Delta 8 sold online is likely to be fresher, and therefore more potent, because product turnover rate is much higher online as these retailers have larger customer bases.
Bulk Buying Options
Online retailers often provide bulk purchase options so that customers can buy a high quantity of product while saving money, which is the result of these businesses holding more inventory.
Of course, buying delta 8 online is a more convenient way to go about getting your hands on the cannabinoid, since you never need to leave your home at any time. You can just order a product from your couch and wait for it to arrive in a few days. While you may happen to come across delta 8 THC in your local Minnesota area, the chances of it being high in quality, fresh and affordable simply aren’t as high as we’d like them to be. Also, you’re likely to be disappointed by the small selection of products, especially if you have strong preferences in mind.
Continue Using Delta 8 in the North Star State
Delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid under Minnesota law, which means that residents can freely enjoy it as they so desire without any legal repercussion. To know that you’re getting the best-quality delta 8 possible, we recommend shopping for it online, where you are more likely to be satisfied with your delt 8 experience.